Works well for aviation industry
Features at a Glance:
- Really nice design, which makes it blend in easily
- Simple setup using NFC
- No lost keys
- Easy to use, I really enjoy travelling with it
- Great NFC options (Tag, Sticker or Phone)
- TSA Approved
- When mounted it fits tight, it doesn’t seem like it was mounted as an aftermarket product
- Ease of mind when using the product, since there is no code or key
- Assembly, hitting the holes for the screws from the backmount, can be rather difficult
- A little bulky in the design, would be nice if it was a little thinner
- Seems a little fragile
It works very well for the aviation industry. I often leave my bag unattended at the aircraft for up to two hours at a time, and I try not to carry around any keys since they easily gets lost.
But I have placed the sticker NFC tag behind my airport ID – Since I have to wear that at all times, and it works great.
I started out having mounted it on my suitcase, but as I was afraid it would break I switched it over to my carry on suitcase (Lufthansa Business Series bag) – I would not put it on my checked luggage until the item becomes thinner, because unlike most other people I use my luggage every single day, which means that the bags are thrown around by ground handlers and given the bulky design I am afraid that the item will be smashed at the apron. A solution would be a thinner version, like the TSA one which is already mounted on the suitcase.
However I did find that the ease of use in terms of the NFC tags, was amazing – Though I never got the app to function correctly, I found it hard to pair the lock with the phone (Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge).
Maybe a better instruction would be nice, sort of a walkthrough guide to the app.
But I feel really blessed that you have let me try your product, I find it extremely intuitive and the best part is that it works. There are many good features that makes the product stand out and I would definitely not hesitate to buy one for my future bags.
But there is also a few things that I believe could be worked on:
- Better materials for the lock – The plastic seems a bit fragile and the zip extenders broke when assembled the first time, though when the lock is mounted it is rock solid and won’t come off.
- Better instructions for the phone app – Since a combo with the NFC tags and the phone is awesome.
- A thinner design for checked luggage locks.
The zipper extenders needs a redesign, since they are very wobbly and if the bag is not locked, and the zippers hang loose then it is just a matter of time before they get stuck in something and breaks because of their length and fragile build.”
--Nicolai Z., Pilot, Denmark